Newport Summer Symposium
AUGUST 19, 2022, 9:00 AM – 4:15 PM
The Naval War College Foundation is pleased to present the first in a series of three events addressing strategic competition with China.
On Friday, August 19, experts across the defense and intelligence community will come together in Newport, Rhode Island to discuss opportunities to reshape our defense and national security strategy around quickly changing global power dynamics.
The 2022 National Defense Strategy identifies China as the United States’ most consequential strategic competitor. This event will focus on China’s growing ability to challenge international stability, and how the West can enhance the effectiveness of its integrated deterrence strategy.
During the event, we will explore applications of U.S. power across the full range of competition, including in the gray zone of activities short of armed conflict.
Keynote speakers and panelists will cover:
- Key drivers behind the 2022 U.S. Department of Defense National Defense Strategy
- How we can maintain an advantage over China in conventional warfare capability
- Effectiveness of nuclear weapons as a deterrent against nuclear-capable adversaries
- New threats associated with the quickly changing distribution of power in the world
- Growing use of cyber, sanctions, technology, and diplomacy in deterrence strategy
Click here to see the preliminary agenda.
Please join us for this timely and important national security dialogue by using the online registration below! Click here to view the sponsorship levels.